Our vision for the future is to be recognized as the preferred training provider to the people and industries of the Gulf region. Emirates Driving Institute believes that a reduction in road traffic accidents can only be achieved by improving the current skill levels and knowledge of the driving population. To this end EDI has introduced Instructor Training Center for training and expanding the knowledge of its trainers and has also introduced the Advanced Driver Training courses to compliment its range of Basic Driver Training programmes.
Emirates Driving Institute is the largest and the most successful Driving Institute in Dubai and the Middle East and has been in operation since 1991. EDI provides Driver License Acquisition training Courses using its fleet of over 1000 vehicles in different vehicle categories like Light Motor Vehicle (Car), Heavy Bus, Heavy Truck, Shovel, Forklift, and Motor Cycles. Around 350,000 students have acquired their driving licenses from EDI since its inception. EDI has over 1000 qualified Male and Female Instructors of different nationalities who can instruct the students in their primary language making it easier for them to take their driver training.
The driving tuition standards are set at International levels and the driving tuition methods are continuously updated to make use of the latest driving techniques. EDI's International partners, The Institute of The Motor Industry of The UK (IMI), The International Association for Driver Education and The Institute of Advanced Motorist-UK (IAM) play a major role to ensure constant updating and adapting to latest leading edge driving & testing tuition developments.
EDI has three main full fledged training & testing centres and more than 55 branches spread across Dubai, Ajman and Hatta.
Car driving license | Car driving course
Registration for car driving license at EDI is a simple process!. Our courteous staff will assist you in the entire registration process. You may get your eye test done in any of 3 EDI’s training and testing center located at Al Qusais, Al Quoz and Port Rashid.
EDI, using a combination of classroom training, detailed printed manuals and multimedia courseware, vehicle simulators, offers a range of training schedules for you to choose from based on your flexibility and convenience.
Please click here to download student’s roadmap to get LMV driving license.
- Original Emirates ID
- Please note: Visa copy may be required if the designation mentioned in the Emirates ID is not the same as in the stamped visa. Emirates / FlyDubai cabin crew must provide visa copy if the profession is different in Emirates ID.
- Eye test must be completed before RTA file opening. It can be done at any of EDI’s 3 main centres (Al Qusais/Al Quoz/Port Rashid) or at any RTA authorized optical centres in Dubai.
- No Objection letter required only if profession is not mentioned in the RTA exempted list of professions
- if Employed: No Objection letter must be printed on the company letterhead with the company stamp & signature of the designated authority
- If Unemployed/Personal employed sponsor: No Objection letter from the sponsor must be submitted on a white paper with the signature.
Total Course Fees (in AED)
M - 6,285
A - 6,485
M - 6,485
A - 6,685
M - 5,585
A - 5,735
M - 5,735
A - 5,885
M - 4,985
A - 5,085
M - 5,085
A - 5,185
Motorcycle driving license | motorbike driving course
Bike Training Details
- 3 Days every week
- (1hour of training) OR 3 Days every week
- (1 hour of training)
- Sat - Mon - Wed Sun – Tue - Thur
Shift Duty Course
These students can choose to take their training as per their choice during training hours* by coordinating with their instructor or the course in-charge in the following way
- *Any day between Sat – Thursday
- *Any time between 8:30AM – 5:30PM (Except 2:30PM-3:30PM)
2 times per week or 3 times per week
- 3 hours of training
- 4 hours of training
Students can take their training only on Friday
If Friday and Saturday, 2 hours session on Friday & 2 hours session on Saturday
Students can take their training on any day except Friday at any time as per their preference. They are eligible for 2 hours of training. Motor Cycle Training can be taken from EDI Head Office in Al Qusais, Al Quoz and Port Rashid
- The training timings are from 08:25am to 05:30pm with a lunch break of an hour during the day between 2:30pm to 3:30pm.
- We also have training Classes on Friday from 07:00am to 11:40am and 2:00pm to 4:00pm with breaks in between the classes.
- There are training timings available for Shift duty and students starting at 8:30am and the other classes can be scheduled as per their preferences.
- All vehicles are provided by the Institute.
Training Rules & Regulations:
- 1. Please always carry your RTA learners’ permit, MDT card and RTA handbook while attending the practical training, lectures and tests.
- 2. You are requested to report for all your practical training classes on time. You’ll be marked as “ABSENT,” should you fail to report within 10 minutes of your class starting time. Once marked “absent,” you’ll have to take the compensatory class by paying for that particular class.
- 3. If you wish to temporary stop your training, you must inform your course in-charge 24 hours before your scheduled training time. If you fail to do so, you’ll be marked as absent for that day.
- 4. In case you’re instructor is absent, we will try to arrange some other instructor for that particular class. Should we fail to provide another instructor, we will extend your training accordingly.
- 5. You must use the MDT card for timely login & logout of your training. Please insert the training card in your training vehicle as soon as your training begins and take it out once the training is over.
- 6. As per RTA rule, Pre-Evaluation test is mandatory for 8 hours session.
- Lecture 1 : Introduction to Motorcycle
- Lecture 2 : Traffic signs
- Lecture 3 : Risk Management
- Lecture 4 : Driver Condition
- Lecture 5 : Driving Environment
- Lecture 6 : Rules of the road
- Lecture 7 : Hazards & Emergencies
- Lecture 8 : Safe Driving
- - Dubai Quality Award
- - Best Service Provider
- - Best Driving School
- - Energy & Green Economy award
- - Superbrand
- - Safety Awards
- - Dubai Award for Sustained Transport
- - Gulf Traffic Awards
- - GEMAS award
- - Institute of Advanced Motorist
- - ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001
EDI provides Dubai drivers’ license acquisition training courses in different vehicle categories like:
- Light Motor Vehicle (Car)
- Heavy Truck
- Heavy Bus
Post License Courses:
- Desert Driving Course
- Defensive Driving Course