Lancashire Clinic Docter provides comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services for all conditions related to hips, knees, and feet. Using state-of-the-art technology and a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team, you can expect a prompt diagnosis and a speedy recovery.
Know About Orthopaedic Surgeon Prof. Kuntal Patel:
Prof. Patel works as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in lower limb surgery. He completed his specialist Registrar Rotation in Trauma and Orthopaedics with North Western Deanery, rotating through various hospitals in Preston, Chorley, Bolton, Stockport, Blackburn, Burnley and Wrightington.
He obtained fellowship experience as a lower limb arthroplasty fellow (Sir John Charnley Fellow) in one of the most prestigious Orthopaedic Hospitals in the country (Wrightington Hospital). The fellowship and the previous training have given him excellent experience and expertise in a wide range of hip and knee surgery including complex revision arthroplasty.
Prof. Patel has a special interest in young adult hip problems, management of sports injuries, minimally invasive surgery and complex hip and knee arthroplasty.
He regularly teaches regional and national training courses. He keeps his knowledge up to date by attending regular conferences and collaborating with surgeons around the world.
He enjoys fell walking, swimming, cricket, badminton and travelling. He is married to a G.P. and has two boys, who keep him busy at home!!
Research and publications
Prof. Patel has a keen interest in research.
Through taught courses and research, he obtained two postgraduate Diploma qualifications and two Masters Qualifications, namely:
- Diploma in Sports and Exercise Medicine (G.B. & I.)
- Diploma in Science of Sports Injuries (MMU)
- MSc. In Science of Sports Injuries (MMU)
- MSc. In Health Science and Practice (UCLAN)
- He has published widely on various topics related to Trauma and Orthopaedics. He also has numerous presentations at the national and international levels.
- MS (Orthopaedics)
- Diploma in Sports and Exercise Medicine (GB&I)
- Diploma in Science of Sports Injuries
- MSc (Science of Sports Injuries)
- MSc (Health Science and Practice)
- FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics)
- Year Qualified: 2000
- British Orthopaedic Association
- The Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland (MDDUS)
- British Hip Society
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- North West Orthopaedic Association
1. Total Hip Replacement: Replacing your damaged hip with an artificial joint
2. Total Knee Replacement: Replacing your damaged knee with an artificial joint
3. Knee Arthroscopy: Using a camera to deal with problems inside your knee
4. ACL reconstruction: Reconstructing the cruciate ligament to restore joint stability
5. Partial Knee Replacement: Replacing just a part of your joint if there is localized damage
6. Revision Knee Arthroplasty: Changing your old knee to a new one if it is loose, worn or causing problems
7. Revision Hip Arthroplasty: Changing your old hip to a new one if it is loose, worn or causing problems
8. Foot and Ankle Treatment: We treat a wide range of foot and ankle disorders like bunion, arthritis, plantar fasciitis, tendinosis etc.
1. BMI The Lancaster Hospital Meadowside, Lancaster, LA1 3RH
2. Spire Fylde Coast Hospital St Walburga's Road, Blackpool, FY3 8BP
3. The Beardwood Hospital, Preston New Road, Blackburn, BB2 7AE
0152462345 (BMI The Lancaster hospital, Lancaster)
01253923034 (Spire Fylde Coast Hospital, Blackpool)
01254 507607 (The Beardwood Hospital, Blackburn)