Jennifer Semmes works toward for calm and positive relationship or offer highly effective and unique Couple Relationship Counseling and Therapy for Couples in Vista, Oceanside, Carlsbad, CA and Encinitas.
Dr. Jennifer Semmes, Psy. D., LCSW
Congratulations for having taken the first step in making positive changes in your life, and working toward a better you. By having found this page, I know that you must be experiencing some amount of pain, frustration, anger, or despair. Too often people wait to address relationship issues after it is too late. There is nothing that I find more rewarding than helping my clients out of this place, and helping them get un-stuck. My goal is to help you learn and grow from your pain. Life will not be the same on the other side, but if we work together and you are open, it can be better.
I incorporate humor and friendship in my practice and have found an easy-going style to be helpful in furthering the progress and positive experience that therapy can bring. When we begin our work together, we become a team. My position in that team is to offer expertise, and to guide you along your path.
If you are ready to take that next step toward a better relationship, and to find relief from the pain you have been experiencing, please call or email me. I'd be happy to schedule your first session or to simply start with a free 10-15 phone consultation. I look forward to hearing from you and working with you to achieve your goals.
Relationships are an essential part of our general health and well-being. When they are no longer making us happy, it effects all aspects of our lives.
Couples therapy can be a critical component in helping fine tune a struggling relationship, or repair a damaged one.
Individual Relationship Therapy
Relationships can be challenging; finding the right one, maintaining a relationship, or getting out of one that is no longer working.
Individual therapy can help you work through the issues that have made you feel stuck, or have been causing you distress, and help you move toward a positive and stable relationship.
Boot Camp Therapy
Boot camp therapy is a highly effective and unique opportunity for couples in crisis, those effected by betrayal, or couples that just want to get a jump on fixing their relationship.
It is also a good option for couples with busy schedules, and who have found it hard to find the time to begin the therapy process.
Online therapy and phone therapy is a great alternative for those who live in a remote area, want added flexibility, or prefer to get the help they need from the comfort of their own home.
Using phone, or easy-to-use video conferencing, we can do quality counseling without physically being in the same location. You can now get expert relationship counseling wherever you live, and at your convenience
15+ years of experience
- Undergrad: University of Colorado, 1999
- Graduate: Colorado State University, 2003
- Doctorate: Ryokan College, 2012
- License No & State: LCS 23587, California
TRAININGS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- EMDR, part 1 and 2 basic training - completed May 2010
- Techniques for Children with Emotional and Behavioral Problems - November 2011
- Anger Control Make Easy - November 2012
- Gottman and EFT - couple’s therapy summit - March 2013
- EMDR, The Neurobiology of Consciousness - May 2013
- The Evolution of Psychotherapy Conference - December 2013
- Emotionally Focused Therapy- 4 day externship - completed January 2014
- Gottman Couples Therapy - level 1 - September 2014
- Gottman Couples Therapy - level 2 - January 2015
- Gottman Couples Therapy - level 3 - March 2015
- EMDR Certification – November 2015
- Couples Conference - May 2016